Don’t Dance Her Down Boys is a one woman army on a mission to right the wrongs of the male dominated music press and correct the imbalance of the boy crazy indie scene.
This is not another music blog. I don’t want to write what everyone else can write and don’t want to say what a million other people can say.
Don’t Dance Her Down Boys aims to:
- Give readers intelligent critiques on the state of the music industry
- Focus on creative new artists to make sure their voice is heard
- Pay homage to those who came before us
- Not write about obvious topics, I love me some Bikini Kill and Kathleen Hanna but there is more that needs to be discussed
- Have a positive outlook on the world and what’s to come
With my mission statement in place I hope that through this blog I can show that talent and creativity override gender and sex. Women have always, are always and will always be involved in the creation of art and culture.
“Don’t dance her down boys/ Don’t dance her down/ Don’t dance her down boys/ Her man’s in town”- Fiery Furnaces